Saturday, October 16, 2010

Seasons

 







I've just lost my job,
been kicked out of my house,
and last but not least,
been divorced from my spouse,

It's the middle of winter,
my fingers are ice,
the heater's expensive,
I can't pay the price

I'm all bundled up...
curled into a ball
oh how I wish
that this season were fall...

I've endured most of Winter,
it's so close to the spring.
Just think of the joy
all the flowers will bring!

I think I can last..
'till the daisies arise
I'll hang on until then
to see the blue skies.

But my lips are now purple
and I'm frozen inside
what's my family to think
when they learn that I've died?

If only I'd waited,
another two weeks
Spring would have rolled in;
There'd be unfrozen creeks.

The birds would be singing,
the sky would be blue,
and my daisies would be here
all covered in dew.

Why couldn't I wait?
My siblings all ask.
with tears in their eyes,
not one single mask

I wish I could hold them,
and tell them the news.
I'm happy now, really!
That's somthing I choose.

In the place that I live now,
"Cold" doesn't exist.
All weather is perfect,
like warm summer mist.

Here, everyone's happy--
and that includes me.
It's truly a paradise..
Just wait, and you'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment