Thursday, June 9, 2011

There's A First Time For Everything...

Sometimes...I wish that wasn't true. That there's a first time for everything. In reality, it's not. There are some things you will simply never ever do in this life. However, there are other things, that no matter how much you want them to never happen, they do. Those situations vary from person to person. 
I did two firsts the other day. 


1. Caused a fender bender
2. Got grounded. 


In case you can't tell, those were two firsts I never wanted to happen. But they did.


There's no excuse. No matter how much you try to defend my spot. I was foolish and made a mistake. Now I'm paying for it. Normally it wouldn't be so bad. A few weeks ago I really didn't even have much of a social life--unless you count school. The thing is, it's summer now. I finally have friends that are asking me to hang out with them, do things, go on dates every once in a while, parties...etc. All well. 


In reality, I suppose it's not that bad. I stay home. So what? Let's be honest. I still have colorguard/marching band. Everyday. With my friends. That is basically hanging out. My situation could be a lot worse. On so many levels.


Soooo. I could sit and sulk about all the things I'm missing and about how I've caused my first and wishfully last accident. It's the past. All I can do is grow from it and make the best of the time I have and do what I can. My parents don't even hate me. All we did was scratch our car and our insurance is covering the other costs because it was the first accident in that vehicle. 


I'm more blessed than I give myself credit. Looking out the downside of everything does absolutely nothing for you other than make you hate the world. As fun as that is...I'd rather be happy. Call me crazy if you wish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment