Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

Okay.
So before I start this story you must understand a few things.

1. I'm the youngest of ten children...
2. There's kind of big gap between some children in the family.
3. Remember how I'm the youngest of ten children? 

  • That means my mom stopped having kids after the rest of her family which means...
  • I'm the youngest cousin. 
  • Everyone is old
  • With children
  • No one realllly knows who I am
SO. Every year on the 4th of July they have this big family party. Do you get where I'm going with this? I mean a lot of the time we have it at my uncles house, and don't get me wrong! I love my aunt, and my uncle's alright too. ;) AND he's got a sweeeeet house. I love that place. It's supes fun. Thing is, the only person I ever hang out with at these things is my sister. Guess what. She's in Hawaii. I realized this and did not exactly know what to do. That's when I came up with this brilliant plan. Bring a friend. Plenty of people do it, not to mention my sister did one year and I almost had nothing to do. Of course I checked with my mom and she said it was fine. So I immediately thought of one of my friends and was like, yes! It would be so fun! Then I realized I wanted to invite my other friend as well. I didn't know if I was even allowed to invite two. I mean, the two friends I wanted to invite were friends with each other, but it was kind of a family thing...so would it be bad? I decided not. I was all excited for it, and then I found out the first friend couldn't go. That's when I got a little nervous. 
See, the second friend was a guy...
And I'm a girl...
And it's a family function...
People assume things. 
I did not want to get any crap from my family about this boy, so the day of I'm wracking my brain for another friend I could invite that would have fun with us all. That's when someone texted me. Golden. I got so excited. (Especially when they confirmed they were free :D)
When we finally got up there, I wasn't completely sure what we'd do, but I just kind of went with it and followed my mom for a bit. Then we went inside the house, and there were two guys I'd never seen before. They got up and introduced themselves and I found out we were kind of cousins in some sort of convoluted way. I'm not even sure. My uncle married his aunt. :) 
Little did I know that we would end up spending the entire day with him! At first we had gone back outside to get something to eat, and he ended up sitting next to us, so we started talking. (That actually happened because he thought I was weird...) I had been at the table putting hamburger fixings upon my food and I got to the tomatoes and went, "I'm so happy!!" He was just like..what? And I told him I was so happy! The tomatoes were so BIG! He gave me the weirdest look...haha! It was hilarious. He was just like "Man...if you get that happy about tomatoes, I wonder what happens when you get really happy. Seriously. Get her a car for her birthday, what would happen? FILL IT WITH TOMATOES!! You'd go into a coma for like 3 days or something!" 
After we all ate, he decided we were cool enough to hang out with I guess, because he didn't go swimming and played Foosball with us instead. 
Then we played air hockey.            
Then we played Uno (That was the ONLY game I had even chance at...)
 Then we played Disney Trivia. 
Oh it was great. Haha. But he got kind of bored on Disney Trivia. 
Next point you should understand...
I'm not a big swimming fanatic. I don't like it that much. 
My uncle has a pool.
I didn't bring a swim suit.
I didn't want to swim.                                                 
Neither did my friend.
(My other friend was indifferent)
My cousin wanted to swim. Really bad.
We tried and tried and tried to avoid it. Unfortunately it didn't really work. And he wouldn't go with us. Finally he got one of my other cousins to lend me and my friend some shorts and a t-shirt to swim in. To be honest, I still wouldn't have swam if my brother in law hadn't pushed me in the pool!!! I'm glad he did though. We played water basketball. Oh my greatness. It was so fun. And freaking hilarious! There were all of ZERO fouls. You could do anything. Mwahahaha. At first I was on the same team as my guy friend and we were against my cousin and other friend. However, me and my girl-friend kind of just beat each other up...so they switched teams so we would stop fighting each other :) Good stuff. We couldn't get make a basket to save our lives but we ROCKED the tackling. Finally one of my brothers joined us, so we had a chance...but we still lost. Who cares though? It was so fun!!! One of the most hilarious things I've ever done. Nearly drowned...but that's a minor detail. 
I can't even lie, that was the funnest time I've ever had at one of those family functions. Ever. It was the greatest 4th of July. 

Good times...Good times... 

No comments:

Post a Comment