Saturday, July 30, 2011

You Make Me Happy :)

No, this is not an "I'm in love!" post. 
But it IS a post about being happy, 
                      because, let's face it, I'm happy.


I love my life. I don't know how you could get more blessed than I am. Ha, I laugh, because I review my blog, and I realize that the majority of the time I post things, I just sound so ridiculously depressing and especially lately, that makes me so frustrated. It's unfortunate that I tend to blog when there are too many emotions brewing and then they spew into negative blog posts.
The reason it causes so many upset feelings inside me is because of the reality of my next statement. 
Recently I've noticed that I keep stepping back for just a moment and said, "Man, I have such an awesome life!"

Years ago...never would I ever have imagined I be where I am now. It's crazy. 
Colorguard: never saw myself actually becoming a part of it. When I saw them, I loved it, but realistically speaking, it just didn't seem part of my future. It's been such an amazing experience already though, and I'm so excited for what the upcoming season holds in store. 
Varsity Ballroom Team: Never. I danced on BYU's youth team. It didn't even occur to me I'd ever switch to dance with my school. Now I realize it's everything I want. 
My family: I adore them. There is so much good there. It's a big ball of joy. Yeah, there are problems that arise, but my relationships with my siblings and parents are currently better than I ever used think possible. And they're continuing to improve. I am treated so well...I don't even deserve it. 


The thing I've been really grateful for as of late though, are my friends. I'm pretty darn convinced that with the people I know...it just doesn't get much better than this. There are a couple people in my life right now that can pretty instantly make me happy. It's not even something they have to work at. I got the chance to hang out with two of them the other night. I had been pretty frustrated with some things goin' on in life, and choices I had to make and I just wanted someone to get my mind off it. So I called my friend and ended up going to her house to chat and then hang out for a little while. Well, not too long after I was there we went to pick up another friend. Can I just say that night was needed. It has been way too long since I have laughed that hard. There was a point where I'm pretty sure I was about to die I was laughing so hard. I'm not kidding--I could not breathe, and I started to get lightheaded and go pale from lack of oxygen--yet I couldn't intake air because I was still laughing. It's not the lack of oxygen that would have killed me though, that would have just made me pass out. It's the falling over and cracking my head open when I did pass out that was the danger. Luckily they saved me though. It took a while for me to calm down, but it was awesome. There was so much pure happiness and all-around good fun that night that I feel so privileged to have been a part of it. It made me sad when I realized my curfew was nearing and I had to go home. Man, I needed that night, that laughter, and that company. 
There's another person I recently gained touch with again--I haven't talked to them in almost a year ('till a week ago). Their personality is such though that they are just always happy and up for a joke or laugh. Without knowing it they've turned plenty of my frustrations or annoyances into a smile. Yet they can be serious too, and make me think about things. So I'm happy I got that connection back. 
Those friends mentioned up above really aren't the only ones I've been grateful for though. I have so many people I know that are all amazing and do different things for me and (especially lately) I've felt more and more blessed to have them choose me as someone to call a friend. 


Now I just want to say thank you, because "you make me happy, whether you know it or not". 

No comments:

Post a Comment