Saturday, August 27, 2011

Worth It.

Thunder storms.
Complete and total soul.
Every piece of everything I had in me was smiling.
Rain on my skin.
The smell of the streets.
The warmth of the asphalt.
The contrast of the lightning and night sky.
The soul shaking thunder.
Hair down.
Soaked to the bone.
Dancing.
Spinning.
Jumping.
Being 5 years old.
Two of my many favorite people.
Lying in the street.
Cars dodging three bodies.
Honest smiles.


So perfect.
Everything I love.


Once upon a time...I was studying with my friends. My father said goodnight as he headed to bed and told my two friends and I that they needed to leave at 11 pm. And then it started raining. My instincts forced me to jump up and run outside. After a while, one friend followed. Then when we'd left the other alone for a sufficient amount of time, we ran to go get them. The three of us may or may not have danced in the rain. We also may or may not have decided that lying in the street was a good plan. A few cars almost smushed us but that is beside the point. It was loads of fun.
Then the rain slowed...
And our soaking bodies began to shiver.
Yet none of us had a desire to move. So we just continued to lay in the middle of the road. After a while though, we were all cold enough, and we knew it was late enough that we should probably all head home. That's when I checked my phone.
I clicked it on at the moment when 11:59 pm changes to 12:00 am.
I checked the door...locked.
Then my dog started barking.
Between the barking dog, and the garage doors opening (both did because I'm an idiot and pushed the wrong button) and the rest of the noise I wished was possible to avoid, my dad had indeed woken up again.
Needless to say... He. Was. Livid.
There may or may not have been a swear word in the few sentences he actually spoke. After he finished glaring, he just walked away with the implication that he'd deal with me in the morning.


So, here I am on the computer instead of bed. A little nervous to go to sleep because if I do, I know I'll just have to face the morning music. I'm glad neither of my friends got in trouble though. That would have been way worse.
I do have to go to bed though...So we'll see how much wrath I have to face.


As terrible as I am...I gotta say, I think it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment