Tuesday, September 13, 2011

High School.

High School...was such a foolish invention. Who's idea was it to stick a bunch of teenagers in the same place for 7+ hours a day (depending on any extra activities you might potentially be involved in). Teenagers. Why. Just...why. 
Okay, so let's be real. I love high school. I love learning, and I love the activities I'm involved in and I love the people I'm friends with and continually get to meet and just...pretty much everything. *Although I do hate that people don't get good grades as a result of desire to learn but in an effort to simply get a good grade because they neeeeed it. But--whatevs.*  
I have recently re-discovered I'm not very good at the whole...forgiveness thing. I should probably work on that. Just maybe. I get a little too...upset...at certain teenagers that act so much like stereotypical teenagers. Then I have to remember that I act like I'm five. So..that's probably worse. 


Moving on. 
Seminary Thought


First off--Can I just say I love Seminary? Funny story. Once upon a time school started up again and I went to a little Seminary assembly thing. There was a certain teacher that I've bunches of great things about. However, when I listened to him in said assembly, I was not super impressed with him as I'd hoped. It just didn't seem to me that our senses of humor matched up. As soon as the thought entered my mind I knew he'd be my next seminary teacher. *I secretly foresee the future* I was right. Not gonna lie--I was slightly disappointed--Which is terrible, I know! Especially because I've always always always loved my seminary classes, even when I doubted my teachers. The second I let them teach what they teach by the spirit, I loved every last one of them. Why should this teacher be different? Guess what. He's not. I love that class. 
Previously I stated I've absolutely loved every seminary class I've had. That's so full of truth I can't handle  it. They were all what I needed. Welllllll, that being said, I don't remember ever having felt the Spirit so strongly in any class I've ever had before this one. It just keeps hitting me over and over and over again just how strong it is. 
The gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints is true guys. It really is. It's something you won't ever know unless you search for the answer yourself though. No one else can do it for you. 
On to the actual Seminary Thought. 


The other day we were talking in Seminary about the difference in time between us and God. 
 Us                                            God
1,000 yrs                                            1 day
  500 yrs                                         12 hours
250 yrs                                           6 hours
125 yrs                                          3 hours
25 yrs                                            36 min
16.7 yrs                                          24 min
                               

We've existed as Intelligences for...forever. Something we cannot comprehend, but we've actually been fighting for the right for millions of years before we ever came to Earth. 

We were the only world wicked enough to crucify our Savior...that's why he atoned for our sins on this world. So...basically we live in the most wicked time of the most wicked world...how does God expect us to defeat Satan when he everything seems to point in the direction of our failure? Oh. We're his strongest spirits. He saved us for NOW. When he needed us the most. When it was most critical for us to be here and battle Satan. 

So. We've been here (or at least I have) on this Earth for approximately 25 minutes. We've worked millions of years before even venturing down here to fight for God. And, God is in dire need of our assistance here. All of us. 

Do I really want to give everything I've worked so hard for--even if I can't remember it--for some thing that's popped up within the time span of...25 minutes? After so long? Is worth it? Really? 

All of that compounded together along with the fact that wickedness never was happiness....just makes all those temptations around me look a lot less enticing. Just a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment