Friday, September 30, 2011

Welcome to my Life...

Sometimes I have so much I want to blog about...that I blog about--none of it. Yupp. True facts.
Here goes a shot at what's been most recently on my mind... (HA! That's a lie. There's been too much on my mind for that to happen. But, hey, it's worth a shot.)


FACT: Tomorrow is October 1, 2011
FACT: Tomorrow is General Conference
FACT: I need it.
FACT: The Bishop tends to challenge us to attend the temple before General Conference
FACT: I did.
FACT: That happened today.


The San Diego Temple
It doesn't matter which temple it is though...
Because they're all the  House of the Lord. 
That.
That right there.
That is what I love so much.
It has been way way way too long since I've been there.


General Conference was just an excuse.
I needed to go there anyway. So I did. Last night, before I knew if we (my friend and I) were actually going today, I was ready to just drop everything and go. My homework didn't matter, sleep didn't matter, nothing did. The necessity of that renewed experience in my life overruled everything else.


I wasn't wrong.
The temple held something special for me today. I feel like I haven't truly tried to connect with the Spirit in a while. It took me a while to break the barrier there. I could feel all of it surrounding me, yet there was something inside of me closing off and refusing to accept what it needed so badly.
Throughout all of it, different thoughts came and went. A few times I began to nod off...I felt bad at first, but I soon stopped. Know why? It makes sense. The temple is so full of peace, sleep is a natural thing to come along with it. What better place, what safer place, can you think of? Just my opinion though. Scriptures are a bueno thing to have with you. I have found the scriptures there are nice enough, but when you have your own, you can mark them. Which I needed to do today. Holy moly did I need to. I've never had so many scriptures just jump out and dance around me head. So much blue ink covered the pages I read! Oh the beauty... :) 
From the moment I stepped into the temple-- p.s. going to the waiting room first is a MUY BIEN plan. They usually have a video playing and it honestly helps settle in the Spirit before you go do baptisms...or whatever you're going to do. I like it. A lot.--to the moment I left...actually, about an hour and half after I left...it was more than I ever realized I needed. 
Sometimes Risa gets answers in the temple. Answers to questions she's had for years. Questions Risa assumed would never be answered. Answers to questions Risa tears herself up over. Questions Risa tries to pretend don't bother her. Questions Risa needs answers to. And Risa got them. Risa wasn't even asking for them...she was just minding her own business, reading the scriptures. BAM. "Hi, I'm just going to make you read these passages and be hit by several points that you can't deny. Then I'm going to make you think about them and then re-read them so you understand more. Then think some more, realize something else, re-read it again to double check you understood correctly, and continue on your merry thinking way. K, thanks--bye." 
Well okay then. Let's just ponder that for a second there shall we? Man, once I started to accept the fact that I really had gotten that answer, it was like the barrier between me and the Spirit just dissolved. 


Thing is..that was just a glimpse of what the temple was like for me today. It was so much. I feel like I learned so much and finally felt a peace and serenity life has been withholding from me as of late. I'm so going more often. Just sayin'. But, if you wanna come...just let me know :)


I think...that's all I'm going to say for now. BUT! (if you buy three completos....) I really hope you all of a weekend far beyond fantastic. It's conference weekend. Let's be real. We all need it. Enjoy it to the max. Take full advantage of the opportunity to listen to these insanely intellectual deciples of Christ. Don't throw the opportunity away.  I know I used to...so don't be like that--it's not worth it! 

LOVE YOU!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment