Wednesday, December 7, 2011

101% Sure

Remember when...
You didn't go to my school?
When we tried to catch up our entire lives every Sunday?
It took hours on end?
My mother would get mad that I was never home until at least 6 pm on Sundays and 9 pm on Wednesdays?
Our lives went different ways?
God pulled us back to each other...over and over and over again?
Satan did everything in his power to convince us it wasn't worth it?

Remember when...
Satan still tried to push us apart?
God fixed all our problems?
You transferred to my school?
I saw you everyday?
You made sure I wasn't alone?
You reminded me who I was?
You weren't afraid to me when I was wrong?

Because now, I can't remember when...
you didn't know more about my life than I do.
I didn't turn to you for everything.
tell you news within 24 hours of the event.
you weren't my #1 support system.

I know the time existed...
but, now, I can't fathom the thought of what it was like--
it's hard to believe the time ever did exist.....
All of it adds up,
and makes me 101% sure
you didn't transfer for you. 
You transferred, and you're here now because I needed you. 
I don't know what I'd do without you
or where I'd be.
Because now I can't remember what it was like before you were my best friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment