Sunday, January 1, 2012

Double One

2011

Typical New Years post? 
Sure, I guess so. 

I distinctly remember at the beginning of the year when I kept getting hit by the same thought over and over...
"This year is going to be amazing. Hard? Undoubtedly. But amazing? Absolutely." 
Now that I can look back in retrospect... holy heavens. 

That year went by so fast. It's scary to me. Yet I sit here now, and think of where I was a year ago, and it almost makes me shudder. As hard as life seems to be now, I would never want to go back to where I was. I'm in a much better place now. That's really what life is about though. Growing. I had to do a lot of that this year. A lot. 
Truthfully? I'm so glad 2011 is over. 
As much as I don't want to grow up...I'm ready to be rid of that year. 
Don't get me wrong--I had a LOT of good good times. Fo sho. 
SO many good things came out of that year. 
But, for this year, I'm kind of wishing for you the same things I'm wishing for myself. 

To bring the change you need, 
with enough consistency to keep you sane.
Enough challenges to continue your growth,
And, enough opposition to help you appreciate what true happiness is. 
 
I didn't realize how ready I was for 2012, until it was 
12:00 am, January 1, 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment