Saturday, January 28, 2012

Genius.

Sometimes my mother is quiiite the genuis. 
(okay, that's a lie, she always is.)
Have you ever had anyone say somethings that was so ridiculously obvious you just wanted to plant your face in your palms, pull away, and repeat? Yeah. That happened. 


"All that I know is I don't know how to be something you miss."
*there are plenty more lyrics in there that I relate to way too much, but this is the one that just...hits something.* 


Well, the funny thing about mothers is they know everything (sometimes). ;) 
But really. 
As I talked to my mom about it, she made something clear to me without realizing it. We all know (or should know) that I'm dramatic to the max. And my  mom told me that I needed to stop approaching everything that way. Instead of approaching everything so solemn and seriously, be upbeat. It's not an "I don't care" or an "I'm immature" attitude. It's an "I have accepted things as they are and now all I can do is make the best out this situation. I hope you'll join me" attitude. Don't bring people down. Lift people up. That's how you be something to miss. No one misses drama. 
And you know what? Sometimes things still won't turn out. There comes a time to accept that. Things simply won't always turn out the way you want it to. It'd be nice--but not really. Where would the growth be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment