Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Not that bad.

Sometimes awful days in which I find myself playing terrifyingly close to the edge of a jagged cliffs where one wrong step will pull me over and summon all the earth to suck me towards the sharp sides and distant ground which desires to slap me harder than necessary...sometimes those days make me ditch everyone. Instead of dealing with the pressing people pushing me in all directions without a care, I leave. Why should I stick around? Screw that plan. Too many things everywhere make me want to simply stop trying so hard to stand. Yet I somehow make it to the car. Home? No. So, where? I don't care. Up. Up so I can see the world. Stare at the beauty. Be alone with my God. Being alone never felt so good, because I'm not alone. I'm with the only one anywhere I want to be with. 
Priorities come too quickly. The time reminds me of my obligations. Stick it out, it's only an hour and half. You had better believe I was out of formation and getting my shoes on the second the signal was given we were free to leave. But then my coach had to come over and be the caring guy he is which makes it extremely difficult to force my tears to stay hidden. 


Finally I was free. 


And somehow I ended up with the one person who has no idea what was going on--and didn't have to. Either way they would cheer me up and make me forget about everything. That's exactly what they did. It took hardly any time at all before I was smiling again. After that I was laughing easy and before I wanted it to, my home summoned me back.
But at least it was raining as I left. That always makes life better. 
Have you ever just felt so comfortable in a place you never imagined would be a haven to you? 
I have. 


Enjoy that. Because it's freakin' sweet. 


This is definitely the music I was entertained with today. 
All I'm going to say (besides the fact that I love the music--a whole bunch) is that I find the name highly ironic and appropriate to my day. I think I might post more links to that music though, because I'm a big fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment