Monday, February 7, 2011

Give me a smile

Is a smile always a good thing? 


That's the question I've recently been asking myself. 


Because, here's the thing...for me, it's not. A smile, is not always just a smile. I have so many different smiles. There's the smile when I'm trying to be nice, when I'm about to break down, when I'm feeling really embarrassed, the one when I realized I'm giving the death glare to everyone, when I'm ready to shoot something, the "sweet & innocent" one, and so on. I smile all the time. Half the time, I smile just to smile, and it means absolutely nothing. 


It's the same with my laugh. I am always laughing, half the time when nothing is funny. Sometimes it's the same case with my smile--it can be a really bad thing. Or at least mean that I'm really not happy at all. 


Don't get me wrong, I often smile because I'm just that happy, and I laugh so often because things are funny and good. But...I find myself lying to people with my smile. Everyone around me thinks I'm happy and cheerful when I'm on the edge of breaking into tears. No one can tell. Or at least...not that have mentioned anything to me. 
The day someone can decipher my different smiles and notice the difference in my laughs...is the day I will realize I can never let that person go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment