Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Iridescent

Linkin Park
Maybe it surprises you, and maybe it doesn't. Maybe you don't know even know what there is to be surprised about. If you don't, maybe it surprises you that you don't know. 
Moving on. 
If you have never heard the song Iridescent by Linkin Park, here's your chance:
        Listen to it. 
I dare you. 
I love music. I'm not kidding when I say I would be lost without it. I honestly have found so many answers within the music I listen to. There have been times when it has helped me realize truths, explained things to me, guided me, calmed me, helped me vent, and sometimes even just understand and comprehend the feelings I have. Certain lines have jumped out at me in songs I've listened to all my life but never noticed a particular line of lyrics, or entire songs will tell the story of my life, and then sometimes it's lyrics I've always known but somehow forgotten. Perhaps it sounds dumb to you, but I need music. 


One of my favorite things is when you hear a song right at the moment you need it most. 
That happened today. 
Life does as life pleases. None of us get out of it without making difficult choices. While the choice life presented me quite recently is not the most challenging of ones out there, it has been extremely hard for me. No matter which way I turn there is a sacrifice to made. It's up to me which sacrifice I make. That scares me. I can't tell you how many times I prayed I wouldn't be forced to choose. However, somewhere in the back of my head I always knew I'd have to. So I did. 
Truth is I probably couldn't describe exactly how I felt and why. My emotions are so layered and the things I love so complicated that sometimes even I don't understand my attachments and desires. 
I did finally calm myself though after having a bit of a breakdown though, and had the opportunity to re-listen to this song. 


No, life isn't all better and miraculously easy, because that would defeat the purpose of life. 
"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
So I'll take life as it throws itself at me and deal with what I must and just try to be as happy as I can. It's the only life I got, so I might as well spend as much of it as I can smiling :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment